1A person responsible for carrying out the administration of a business or organization: hospital administrators
More example sentences
- She noted that institution administrators are responsible for ensuring evacuation and other safety measures.
- However, the administrator responsible for filing the incident sheets was on extended sick leave.
- I know there must be some reason why the policemen nearby, the market administrator or whomever responsible for this street never stop them.
manager, director, managing director, executive, chief executive, controller, chair, chairperson, chairman, chairwoman, head, boss, chief, principal, official, leader, governor, premier, president, superintendent, supervisor, employer, proprietor
North American informal big wheel
1.1 Law A person legally appointed to manage and dispose of the estate of a deceased person, debtor, or insolvent company.
- Last year his widow sought a High Court order making her administrator of his estate to allow her to collect any cash.
- Nobody has any statutory power to appoint an executor or administrator of a will, except a testator, sir.
- If there's no will in place then there's a process for appointing an administrator, and the administrator takes over.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ad|min¦is|tra¦tor
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.