- 1Respect and warm approval: I have the greatest admiration for all those involved in the projectMore example sentences
- I agreed to do so because of my love for the company and my love and respect and admiration for the employees of the company.
- The hard working people in the theatre community deserve our respect and admiration for the time and effort they put into their craft.
- This is the mutual decision of two people with an enormous amount of respect and admiration for each other.
- 1.1 (the admiration of) Something regarded as impressive or worthy of respect: her house was the admiration of everyoneMore example sentences
- I try to show that it's possible to be different and worthy of admiration and respect.
- All her life she's never done anything that has been worthy of my admiration and respect.
- She says my goals and aspirations inspire her, and frankly, I want to be worthy of her admiration.
- 1.2Pleasurable contemplation: they were lost in admiration of the sceneryMore example sentences
- I take no pleasure from passive admiration of designer products.
- Nevertheless his finest works are among the most significant of their time and remain capable of giving pleasure and evoking admiration.
late Middle English (in the sense 'marvelling, wonder'): from Latin admiratio(n-), from the verb admirari (see admire).