- Make more beautiful or attractive: pictures and prints adorned his wallsMore example sentences
embellish, decorate, furnish, ornament, add ornament to, enhance; beautify, prettify, grace, enrich, bedeck, deck (out), dress (up), trick out, trim, swathe, wreathe, festoon, garland, array, garnish, emblazon, gild, set off
- Beautiful landscape paintings adorn the walls of the Damle family at Dadar.
- I lingered in the hallways for awhile admiring the artistic prints of money adorning the walls.
- His angels were likewise adorned with beautiful garments and wondrous instruments.
- More example sentences
- Scrapbookers can use corner adorners to make the corners of their scrapbook unique and stylish.
- Corner adorners are all the rage in web design these days.
- In order to ensure the continuation of the species, society has also valued women who are good nurturers and adorners.
late Middle English: via Old French from Latin adornare, from ad- 'to' + ornare 'deck, add lustre'.