- A hormone secreted by the adrenal glands that increases rates of blood circulation, breathing, and carbohydrate metabolism and prepares muscles for exertion: performing live really gets your adrenaline going Also called epinephrine.More example sentences
- Chemicals such as adrenaline, noradrenaline and cortisol are pumped into the bloodstream.
- It is known that adrenalin is the hormone that frees fatty acids of the adipose tissues.
- This is due to the liberation of the hormone adrenaline at these times.
More definitions of adrenalineDefinition of adrenaline in:
- The US English dictionary