Definition of adsorbent in English:
A substance which adsorbs another.
- Within a typical cell stack and reformer there are nine to 10 different catalysts and adsorbents, notes John Mooney, director of technical development and business programs.
- Casein and gelatin function as adsorbents for phenolics and can reduce a wine's excess bitterness and astringency.
- Now, a company in Minnesota is keenly interested in testing the soybean hull adsorbents.
adjectiveBack to top
Able to adsorb substances.
- One idea is to convert them into ion exchange resins for use in adsorbent filters to capture metals in solutions.
- The labyrinth of pores that characterize a family of inorganic crystals known as zeolites gives the crystals catalytic and adsorbent powers.
- The idea here is to use an adsorbent surface (a roughened metal plate) to concentrate explosive vapours.
Definition of adsorbent in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan