- A substance which adsorbs another.More example sentences
- Within a typical cell stack and reformer there are nine to 10 different catalysts and adsorbents, notes John Mooney, director of technical development and business programs.
- Casein and gelatin function as adsorbents for phenolics and can reduce a wine's excess bitterness and astringency.
- Now, a company in Minnesota is keenly interested in testing the soybean hull adsorbents.
adjectiveBack to top
- Able to adsorb substances.More example sentences
- One idea is to convert them into ion exchange resins for use in adsorbent filters to capture metals in solutions.
- The labyrinth of pores that characterize a family of inorganic crystals known as zeolites gives the crystals catalytic and adsorbent powers.
- The idea here is to use an adsorbent surface (a roughened metal plate) to concentrate explosive vapours.
More definitions of adsorbentDefinition of adsorbent in:
- The US English dictionary