- Having a comparatively favourable position in terms of economic or social circumstances: children from less advantaged homesMore example sentences
- She said: ‘Our catchment area is more advantaged than other areas of Rochdale.’
- Regular usage was also higher for students who lived in a house that was owned or being paid off compared to those in private or public rental accommodation and for those who lived in the more advantaged areas.
- So a good school whose intake is skewed to lower socio-economic groups will almost certainly struggle to get results as good as a similar school serving a more advantaged area.
More definitions of advantagedDefinition of advantaged in:
- The US English dictionary