noun[mass noun] Computing ( • trademark in the US)
- Software that automatically displays or downloads advertising material such as banners or pop-ups when a user is online.More example sentences
- Now, he's looking at the end user license agreements of the companies most responsible for getting adware on your computers.
- In fact, most employees who are allowed to surf the web at work probably have some form of adware on their workstation.
- At best, he adds, adware is a nuisance.
More definitions of adwareDefinition of adware in:
- The US English dictionary