- another term for elephant bird.More example sentences
- This tells us that aepyornis was definitely not a distance runner like the slender-legged ostrich.
- While Aepyornis was by no means as large and terrible as the Roc, it WAS the largest bird that ever lived.
- H.G. Wells wrote a disturbing short story called 'Aepyornis Island' in 1894.
mid 19th century: modern Latin, from Greek aipus 'high' + ornis 'bird'.
More definitions of aepyornisDefinition of aepyornis in:
- The US English dictionary