- The placenta and fetal membranes discharged from the womb after the birth of offspring.More example sentences
- A placenta or afterbirth is attached to the wall of the uterus and is the source of food and oxygen for the puppy inside the matron.
- Display the position of the afterbirth so that any problems arising from its incorrect positioning can be safely managed.
- The calf must have been delivered through the birth canal (the uterus was intact) and then both it and the afterbirth were abducted.
More definitions of afterbirthDefinition of afterbirth in:
- The US English dictionary