Definition of aftercare in English:
1Care of a patient after a stay in hospital or of a person on release from prison.
- We studied a handful of services offered by programs, including aftercare, medical care, individual therapy, group therapy, and family therapy.
- More information is needed not only about the best form of psychological treatments for these people but also about the appropriateness of hospital aftercare for initial management.
- Prison treatment plus aftercare yielded the best outcome results at the centre, a finding that has now been replicated in other studies.
2Support or advice offered to a customer following the purchase of a product or service.
- Many of the companies that offer hair relaxing kits also offer special aftercare products to help keep the newly relaxed hair soft and prevent dryness or damage.
- They all promised to support the free aftercare campaign for the elderly.
- Furthermore, those individuals that did purchase found that they received no aftercare service and in some cases had bought at hugely inflated prices and were unable to re-sell at a later stage.
Words that rhyme with aftercarechildcare
Definition of aftercare in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.