- Choking gas left after an explosion of firedamp in a mine, rich in carbon monoxide.More example sentences
- The ‘afterdamp’ occurring in such situations is a mixture of carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide.
- As they had been almost completely destroyed it was impossible to enter owing to the afterdamp which prevailed.
- They had managed to soak their shirts in water and breath through them to filter out the afterdamp.
More definitions of afterdampDefinition of afterdamp in:
- The US English dictionary