- A fruit formed from several carpels derived from the same flower, e.g. a raspberry.More example sentences
- Although I well knew, of course, that in technical botanical language, the blackberry is not a berry at all, but an aggregate fruit of numerous drupelets.
- Strawberry and blackberry are also aggregate fruits with the addition of an edible, enlarged receptacle.
- They do not arise from a single flower as in aggregate fruits like raspberries and blackberries.
More definitions of aggregate fruitDefinition of aggregate fruit in:
- The US English dictionary