- A person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God.More example sentences
- Although not all Skeptics are agnostics, as an agnostic himself Dr Groves sees no evidence for accepting or rejecting the idea of any belief.
- Sagan himself routinely described himself as an agnostic, and believed that the question of God's existence is inherently outside science.
- As it is, my thinking has been influenced by Catholics, Christians, Jews, Muslims, Neo-pagans, Baha'i, agnostics and atheists.
adjectiveBack to top
- 1Relating to agnostics or agnosticism.More example sentences
- So that wrestling is characteristic of my religious or agnostic poetry, but not necessarily everything else I do.
- It has brought greater understanding and even some agreement among people of diverse backgrounds and concerns, ranging from agnostic seekers to people of traditional faith.
- I'm writing, in a sense, from a kind of agnostic outsider's academic perspective rather than from an inside perspective.
- 1.1(In a non-religious context) having a doubtful or non-committal attitude towards something: until now I’ve been fairly agnostic about electoral reformMore example sentences
- He is said to be largely agnostic about football.
- Alone, free from the fearful burden of the faithful, I felt myself slip back into my natural agnostic relationship with the world.
- Like de Valera, I am largely agnostic on the issue.
- 1.2 [usually in combination] Computing Denoting or relating to hardware or software that is compatible with many types of platform or operating system: many common file formats (JPEG, MP3, etc.) are platform-agnostic our industry is moving towards a device-agnostic modelMore example sentences
- There are now simply so many threats to the safety of Net-users that we do need an agnostic, coordinated resource that is constantly "in the face" of the public at large.
- We are agnostic with regard to hardware platforms and software components.
- We wanted to look at a more agnostic tool because we're not likely to use EMC hardware everywhere.
- More example sentences
- She has explored various religions and ways of thought throughout her life, from Christianity to agnosticism and Taoism to animism and shamanism to Gnosticism, Hinduism and Buddhism.
- This would imply not only teaching the main religions, but also placing more emphasis on other thought systems that are not religious - like atheism and agnosticism.
- The chapter ends with relatively short accounts of Christianity and Islam, and a concluding section on agnosticism, atheism and secularism.