- A body of air with horizontally uniform levels of temperature, humidity, and pressure.More example sentences
- The other process to consider is the temperature of the body that the air mass travels across.
- The air mass bringing the coldest temperatures is the polar continental mass that comes in from the Soviet Union.
- The path taken by a cold air mass largely determines the location of a snowfall, and occasionally a northward-moving pool will bring snow along the Great Divide as far north as southern Queensland.
More definitions of air massDefinition of air mass in:
- The US English dictionary