Definition of air mile in English:
1A nautical mile used as a measure of distance flown by aircraft.
- So, although it is true that wage costs at the company have been the industry's highest, the difference between the major carriers is actually rather slight it is 2 percent more per air mile than their closest competitor, for example.
- He stops writing to look up the distance in air miles.
- Comedian Bob Hope logged more than 10 million air miles traveling to see the troops.
1.1 (Air Miles) trademark Points (equivalent to miles of free air travel) accumulated by buyers of airline tickets and other products and redeemable against the cost of air travel with a particular airline.
- We haven't paid even close to that thanks to an Air Miles offer, but the breakfast is generous, the staff are nice and hey!
- Again, do the maths to work out the value of using your Air Miles before booking these options.
- NatWest offers one air mile for every £20 spent.
Definition of air mile in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.