- A building or structure designed to protect people from bombs dropped during air raids.More example sentences
- They reminded me of second world war air-raid shelters.
- The condition was first spotted among survivors of the Blitz in World War II who slept in deck chairs in air-raid shelters.
- The streets were a toddler's wonderland of rubble, smashed window frames, half-demolished air-raid shelters.
More definitions of air-raid shelterDefinition of air-raid shelter in:
- The US English dictionary