Definition of aitchbone in English:
1The buttock or rump bone of cattle.
- It also contains aitchbone and a fat covering on the outer muscle.
- The bone at the sirloin end - the aitchbone - can be removed by the butcher, which makes carving the complicated lamb leg much easier.
- Cut along a line following the line of the aitchbone and through the ball and socket. Remove the aitchbone.
1.1A cut of beef lying over the aitchbone.
- Terrine of aitchbone and vegetables at a selection of season salads and filled horseradish crêpe
- Organic Beef Aitchbone Joint.
- He also promised that he would get an aitchbone of beef for all the family weddings.
Definition of aitchbone in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.