- Addiction to the consumption of alcoholic drink; alcohol dependency: he had a long history of depression, drug abuse, and alcoholismMore example sentences
- Ten years later Glatt founded his unit for alcoholism and drug addiction at St Bernard's.
- On the practical side was the desire to gain a better deal for people suffering from alcoholism.
- Binge drinking should not be conflated with chronic alcoholism and under-age consumption.
More definitions of alcoholismDefinition of alcoholism in:
- The US English dictionary