- Shaun Hutson, alias The Godfather of Gore, made his name as a horror writer with novels like Slugs, Spawn and Relics.
- Jason Durr, alias PC Mike Bradley, joined other cast members, producers and writers at Betty's to toast ten successful years creating the 1960s village of Aidensfield in the heart of North Yorkshire.
- Initially, Suwondo, alias An Peng Sui, was detained at the city police detention house but was later moved to the jail.
- He held a United States passport and a South Carolina state identity card under the alias.
- The use of aliases and false identity documents represents only the simplest of measures and could be described as a reactive or defensive action.
- Vickery has done little to suggest he is the same man who once terrorised the fields of world rugby under the alias of Raging Bull.
- This file contains a map of e-mail aliases to user names.
- Included attributes are e-mail addresses and aliases, special folders and signature preferences for Webmail.
- Note the addition of more command aliases and number registers in this more practical example.
- These can be easily worked out from the GPS receiver's frequency plan, taking into account all the images and aliases possible.
- The following rules allow the alias frequency fa to be calculated.
- If the reconstructed image differs from the original image, we are seeing an alias.
verb[with object] Physics & Telecommunications
- The EM signal is aliased according to the aliasing signal to down-convert the EM signal.
- The power lines are very aliased in the distance, this will probably be fixed by changing the draw distance in order to render more detail at a distance.
- I detected no aliasing, shimmering, pixelization, or other nasty transfer errors to mar the presentation.
Late Middle English: from Latin, 'at another time, otherwise'.
A Latin word, alias means literally ‘at another time, otherwise’. The term aliasing has been taken up in specialist fields such as computing for the use of an alternative name referring to a file etc, and telecommunications for misidentification of a signal frequency, introducing distortion or error.
Words that rhyme with aliasSibelius, Vesalius
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: alias
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.