noun[mass noun] Medicine
- An excessively alkaline condition of the body fluids or tissues, which may cause weakness or cramp.More example sentences
- These data suggest that hypocapnic but not metabolic alkalosis impairs alveolar fluid reabsorption.
- Serious complications include systemic hypokalemic alkalosis, leading to cardiac arrhythmias, renal damage, and seizures.
- When this occurs, it may result in a state of alkalosis which can cause conditions from weakness and fatigue to headaches and anxiety.
More definitions of alkalosisDefinition of alkalosis in:
- The US English dictionary