Interpret or represent symbolically: the picture is interpreted as allegorizing an alienated society
More example sentences
- Because the film focuses more on the individual successes and struggles of the players than on the sport itself, it allegorizes the challenges of young women everywhere, in all aspects of society.
- When facing the Apocalypse, Luther abandoned his normal historical-critical approach, and resorted to allegorizing the text in a blast against the papacy and the Muslims.
- The whole sequence ends with two sonnets allegorizing the poet's love by means of fables about Cupid.
- Example sentences
- Giotto's frescos run in four bands along facing walls of the chapel, depicting (from top to bottom) scenes from the life of Mary, scenes from the life of Christ, and allegorizations of virtues and vices.
- But the specific point of this particular allegorization and appropriation is, in a kind of recursive loop, to support the sacred poetics which the narrator is building for himself.
- The phrase ‘in the space of six days’ simply echoed Calvin, who like the other Reformers, spoke against the allegorization of a minority of the Church Fathers.
Definition of allegorize in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.