- another term for allele.More example sentences
- Most of our discussions center around a simple case in which the loci are modeled as diploid with two possible allelomorphs.
- ‘Heterozygous’ means having two different allelomorphs in the two corresponding loci of a pair of chromosomes.
- We do not know at the moment what processes are primarily affected by the allelomorphs.
- More example sentences
- The whole explanation fails unless some added agency be devised to take over the duty which the specific allelomorphic forces abandon after the occurrence of crossing over.
- By this we mean that a certain total number of distinctive genes or allelomorphic factors constitute the complexity of the many kinds of plants and animals.
- It was 25 years before these groups were shown to be inherited as Mendelian characters by means of three allelomorphic genes A, B and O and were, in fact, entities of one blood group system.
early 20th century: from Greek allēl- 'one another' + morphē 'form'.
More definitions of allelomorphDefinition of allelomorph in:
- The US English dictionary