Definition of almond in English:
1The oval edible nut-like seed (kernel) of the almond tree, growing in a woody shell, widely used as food.
- Crunchy goodies such as peanuts, almonds and sunflower seeds are packed with amino acids.
- Well, I will be talking about the wonder of nuts, and actually four nuts in particular - the chestnut, almond, walnut and pecan.
- Hazelnuts, both in the dough and praline, can be substituted with other nuts such as almonds, walnuts or pecans.
2 (also almond tree) The tree that produces almonds, related to the peach and plum. Native to western Asia, it is widely cultivated in warm climates.
- Prunus dulcis or P. amygdalus, family Rosaceae
- The nut borne by the beautiful almond tree, Prunus amygdalus, is delicately flavoured and highly versatile, has been cultivated since prehistoric times, and is the most important nut in commerce.
- The two-storey white stucco lodge with yellow trim and shaded by a beautiful almond tree is situated a good bonefish cast from the warm waters of the Middle Bight, situated on the east coast of Andros island.
- Whether sipping rum in its bars, eating rotis on its waterfront or sitting under the big almond tree known as the ‘Houses of Parliament’ in Port Elizabeth, the hamlet-size main town, you feel part of the performance, not the audience.
Words that rhyme with almondArmand
Definition of almond in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.