Definition of alphanumeric in English:
Consisting of or using both letters and numerals: alphanumeric data
More example sentences
- An average person sits with hands at or near an alphanumeric keyboard in perusing material on the Internet, and is thus equally in a position at each moment to write or to read, both of which are normally carried out by means of the same screen.
- The screen is a 160 × 160 backlit LCD, and the 55-key alphanumeric keypad comprises the bulk of the device's front face.
- This is a talking, laptop-style, battery-operated, electronic learning aid with an alphanumeric keyboard and a full dot matrix LCD screen which provides clear animated pictures.
nounBack to top
A character that is either a letter or a number.
- Always use at least eight characters, including alphanumerics and symbols.
- In this case, always begin with a capital letter, then alternate case and alphanumerics thereafter.
- That home address, that singular string of alphanumerics, is an abstract way of grasping space, but not as abstract as global positioning.
- alphanumerical adjective
- Example sentences
- Many applications can be conveniently controlled via an external alphanumerical keyboard, the multifunctional steering wheel or voice dial.
- To facilitate this, a chat function has been implemented that sends readable text to friendly units, and presents an incomprehensible alphanumerical stream to foes.
- This went to a dispensing pharmacist, together with a sequential alphanumerical code list.
Words that rhyme with alphanumericatmospheric, chimeric, cleric, climacteric, congeneric, Derek, derrick, Eric, esoteric, exoteric, ferric, generic, hemispheric, Herrick, Homeric, hysteric, mesmeric, numeric, skerrick, spheric, stratospheric
Definition of alphanumeric in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.