- A silicate in which aluminium replaces some of the silicon, especially a rock-forming mineral such as a feldspar or a clay mineral.More example sentences
- These minerals are hydrated aluminosilicates consisting of sheets of alumina and silica with interchangeable cations and considerable amounts of combined or loosely bound water.
- In carbonate-rich soils, rapid neutralization of rainwater by carbonate minerals restricts the mobilization of aluminosilicates and oxides.
- The weathering and decay of aluminosilicate minerals occurs by hydrolysis, and it is well documented that the rate of many hydrolysis reactions is sensitive to pH.
More definitions of aluminosilicateDefinition of aluminosilicate in:
- The US English dictionary