adverb & adjective
- In the middle of a ship, either longitudinally or laterally: [as adverb]: the destroyer rammed her amidships [as adjective]: an amidships engine roomMore example sentences
- As the exhausted and injured men slept below decks the ship was struck amidships by a torpedo from a German E-boat and she broke in two, sinking in just 15 seconds.
- It is an unusual design of ship, a collier with engine-room aft and wheelhouse amidships.
- The main saloon is amidships over the engine room and features a sofa along the starboard aft bulkhead that converts to a fore and aft berth.
More definitions of amidshipsDefinition of amidships in:
- The US English dictionary