- An organic compound derived from ammonia by replacement of one or more hydrogen atoms by organic groups.More example sentences
- Ammonia and the organic amines, molecules in which one or more of the hydrogen atoms of ammonia are replaced by organic groups, are weak bases.
- Primary amides are prepared by reacting ammonia or amines with acid chlorides, anhydrides, or esters.
- The early coordination compounds prepared using ammonia were metal amines.
More definitions of amineDefinition of amine in:
- The US English dictionary