noun[mass noun] Chemistry
A white crystalline solid which slowly decomposes, giving off ammonia, and is an ingredient of sal volatile.
- Chemical formula: (NH4)2CO3. Commercial forms often contain other, related salts
More example sentences
- Finally, if ammonium carbonate is placed in water, the weak base ammonium carbonate and weak acid carbonic acid are produced.
- This substance is known today as ammonium carbonate.
- Standing urine forms ammonium carbonate which is strongly alkaline.
More definitions of ammonium carbonateDefinition of ammonium carbonate in:
- The US English dictionary