- An iron-rich amphibole asbestos, mined in South Africa.More example sentences
- Other commercial amphiboles - crocidolite and amosite - were detected in the lungs of Asbestos region workers.
- Most amphibole asbestos was mined as crocidolite and amosite from Precambrian banded ironstones in South Africa and, to a lesser extent, Western Australia.
- Asbestos, a fibrous hydrous silicate mineral, exists in 6 forms for industrial use: actinolite, amosite, anthophyllite, chrysotile, crocidolite, and tremolite.
early 20th century: from the initial letters of Asbestos Mines of South Africa + -ite1.
More definitions of amositeDefinition of amosite in:
- The US English dictionary