noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Muscular atrophy.More example sentences
- Diabetic amyotrophy, also known as femoral neuropathy or proximal motor neuropathy, usually is bilateral and frequently is associated with weight loss.
- In addition, recent biopsy studies indicate that diabetic amyotrophy is due to microvasculitis in the lumbosacral plexus.
- Neuralgic amyotrophy, also known as brachial plexus neuropathy, has an incidence of 1.64 per 100 000 people.
- More example sentences
- Less common manifestations include cerebellar dysfunction, isolated dementia of the frontal lobe type, extrapyramidal signs, seizures, an amyotrophic lateral sclerosis-like disorder, and entrapment neuropathy.
- If you've had one of these experiences, then you've probably had a glimpse of how it feels to have a fully developed amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
- This article examines the results of study that found that veterans of the Gulf War were nearly twice as likely to develop amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
late 19th century: from a-1 'not' + Greek mus, muo- 'muscle' + Greek trophē 'nourishment'.
More definitions of amyotrophyDefinition of amyotrophy in:
- The US English dictionary