- A condition in which there is a deficiency of red cells or of haemoglobin in the blood, resulting in pallor and weariness.More example sentences
- For instance, if your fatigue is the result of anemia, blood transfusions may help.
- Iron-deficiency anaemia and megaloblastic anaemia can occur during pregnancy.
- He needed 15 blood transfusions to fight anaemia and a rare infection.
early 19th century: via modern Latin from Greek anaimia, from an- 'without' + haima 'blood'.
More definitions of anaemiaDefinition of anaemia in:
- The US English dictionary