Definition of analgesic in English:
(Of a drug) acting to relieve pain.
- The regular intake of three or more analgesic tablets daily or narcotics or ergotamine on more than two days a week are suggested arbitrary limits.
- Because of the high incidence of breakthrough pain, it is important for patients to have immediate-release analgesic medication available.
- They are given a log to record the quantity and type of pain experienced and the time and type of analgesic medications used, as well as a visual analog scale to score their daily pain rating.
nounBack to top
An analgesic drug.
- Opioid analgesics or morphine-based drugs form the cornerstone of burn pain treatment.
- Codeine, morphine, and fentanyl were the analgesics used most often.
- You can take analgesics such as paracetamol, or anti-inflammatories to reduce any swelling.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan