Definition of analgesic in English:
(Of a drug) acting to relieve pain.
- The regular intake of three or more analgesic tablets daily or narcotics or ergotamine on more than two days a week are suggested arbitrary limits.
- Because of the high incidence of breakthrough pain, it is important for patients to have immediate-release analgesic medication available.
- They are given a log to record the quantity and type of pain experienced and the time and type of analgesic medications used, as well as a visual analog scale to score their daily pain rating.
nounBack to top
An analgesic drug.
- Opioid analgesics or morphine-based drugs form the cornerstone of burn pain treatment.
- Codeine, morphine, and fentanyl were the analgesics used most often.
- You can take analgesics such as paracetamol, or anti-inflammatories to reduce any swelling.