(also analytic philosophy)
- A method of approaching philosophical problems through analysis of the terms in which they are expressed, associated with Anglo-American philosophy of the early 20th century.More example sentences
- This movement is often known as ‘analytical Marxism’, since its proponents aim to reformulate Marx's insights using the tools and methods of contemporary Anglo-American analytic philosophy and social science.
- The misreading of Hegel is standard form in 20th century French philosophy - just as it is in Anglo-American analytic philosophy.
- This is particularly unusual in twentieth century analytic philosophy, where the approach to philosophical problems is usually more piecemeal.
More definitions of analytical philosophyDefinition of analytical philosophy in:
- The US English dictionary