Focused or centred on men: I would like to consider the dominant role of men in an androcentric, patriarchal society
More example sentences
- But most of the literature on globalization continues to be androcentric, ignoring the centrality of women to the economic restructuring of the years since the mid-1970s.
- Rather than offering a comprehensive account of objectivity, some feminists have offered methodological guidelines for avoiding the sexist and androcentric errors and biases that feminists have identified in mainstream science.
- Nonetheless, I am reminded of a remark that if science is androcentric, then this is the best endorsement for androcentrism that one can find.
- Example sentences
- The religious difficulty of paternal imagery is not primarily due to its androcentrism or patriarchy.
- So much of claimed rationality is in fact androcentrism masquerading as value-free objective analysis.
- Feminists criticize the misogyny of philosophers and the overt and covert sexism, androcentrism, and related forms of male bias in philosophy.
Words that rhyme with androcentriccentric, concentric, eccentric, egocentric, ethnocentric, Eurocentric, geocentric, phallocentric, theocentric
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.