noun (plural androcracies)
A social system ruled or dominated by men.
More example sentences
- Status and privilege (such as polygyny, androcracy, preferential access to food and luxuries) of the religious elite and their ability to maintain power, were based to some extent on deception.
- We considered terms for these and Lloyd came up with the gynarchy and the androcracy, respectively.
- This transition will not be easy as the forces of the androcracy are, and will continue, fighting back.
- More example sentences
- The enforcement of androcratic rule has constrained our spiritual as well as our cultural development.
- Hyde hides what androcratic society will not countenance: sexuality celebrated and inscribed by a woman.
- According to Eisler, the partnership model has existed in some prehistoric societies until it got swept by androcratic and patriarchal societies.
Definition of androcracy in:
- The US English dictionary