Definition of andropause in English:
A collection of symptoms, including fatigue and a decrease in libido, experienced by some older men and attributed to a gradual decline in testosterone levels.
- Are older people likely to demand cures for wrinkles, baldness, yellow teeth, and relief from symptoms of the menopause and andropause?
- There's scant evidence that so-called andropause - low testosterone in aging men - causes depression, says Columbia University psychiatrist Stuart Seidman.
- Over half a century later the medical community has not come to a consensus on whether the symptoms of andropause are truly a manifestation of testosterone deficiency.
- Example sentences
- The company's advertisements claim that four or five million men are 'andropausal'.
- From these men 2,700 had high andropausal symptom score and 1,670 underwent the laboratory tests.
- While some andropausal men may be able to experience an erection, impotency can occur during andropause.
Definition of andropause in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan