- 1Free from echo: an anechoic chamberMore example sentences
- The fact that this has pencil thin walls, is anechoic (has no echoes coming from it), and shows through transmission shows that this is a benign cyst.
- My goal in the anechoic chamber was to determine what effect the front-panel controls have on the signal, and if they would allow the loudspeaker to be tuned to produce a flat response across the audio spectrum.
- The lab includes a fully anechoic chamber for engine and transmission studies as well as a semi-anechoic chamber with a 160 hp chassis-dyno for full vehicle testing.
- 1.1(Of a coating or material) tending to deaden sound: the Russians treat their submarines with anechoic coatings to reduce sonar returnsMore example sentences
- To achieve this low acoustic signature, the Virginia incorporates newly designed anechoic coatings, isolated deck structures and a new design of propulsor.
More definitions of anechoicDefinition of anechoic in:
- The US English dictionary