- A large, active bottom-dwelling cartilaginous fish with broad wing-like pectoral fins.
More example sentences
- Family Squatinidae and genus Squatina: several species, in particular S. squatina (also called monkfish)
- Miller and Turner speculate the shark may have resembled an angel shark, a ray-like bottom-dweller found in most temperate and tropical oceans.
- I hoped to encounter a much bigger creature, and after ascending 20m back up the cliff face through schools of pink and orange Atlantic damselfish, our guide signalled that he had indeed found a large angel shark buried in the sand below.
- The action is an attempt to reverse the alarming declines over the past decade of previously plentiful species including red snapper, angel sharks and abalone.
More definitions of angel sharkDefinition of angel shark in:
- The US English dictionary