noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A protein whose presence in the blood promotes aldosterone secretion and tends to raise blood pressure.More example sentences
- The hypotensive response to captopril is accompanied by a decrease in plasma aldosterone and angiotensin II levels and an increase in plasma renin levels.
- One example is the antihypertensive effect of dietary peptides derived from milk protein, mediated by angiotensin converting enzyme inhibition.
- Among the drugs most widely employed used to lower blood pressure are the angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors.
More definitions of angiotensinDefinition of angiotensin in:
- The US English dictionary