Definition of angle bracket in English:
1Either of a pair of marks in the form < > used to enclose words or figures so as to separate them from their context.
- The program then generates highly detailed RDF metadata without the author having seen a single angle bracket.
- Transcriptions from Newton's manuscripts represent deletions as strike-outs and insertions are enclosed within angle brackets.
- The last line is a prompt with the command number (incrementing as you enter more commands) and angle brackets, where the number of angle brackets signifies nested commands.
2 another term for bracket (sense 3) of the noun).
- Mark on the wall where the holes in the angle bracket are.
- Attach one of the binder clips to one side clipping it on the angle bracket.
- Make five marks where you will mount the angle brackets that will hold these two pieces together.
Definition of angle bracket in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan