- The quantity of rotation of a body, which is the product of its moment of inertia and its angular velocity.More example sentences
- The reason for the Zeeman effect is that in a magnetic field, the angular momentum quantum state can undergo a displacement from degeneracy.
- It turns out that, both classically and quantum mechanically, there is a close connection between a particle's magnetic moment and its angular momentum.
- An equilibrium rotation rate is eventually reached where the angular momentum shed by emitting gravitational radiation matches the angular momentum being added to the pulsar by its companion star.
More definitions of angular momentumDefinition of angular momentum in:
- The US English dictionary