verb(be/become ankylosed) Medicine
- (Of bones or a joint) be or become stiffened or united by ankylosis.More example sentences
- An ankylosed tooth can force adjacent teeth out of position, which can affect the bite.
- The half-vertebra is, as a rule, ankylosed to adjacent vertebrae.
- Undeterred by a permanently ankylosed knee joint, he joined the Malayan medical service.
late 18th century: back-formation from ankylosis, on the pattern of words such as anastomose.
More definitions of ankyloseDefinition of ankylose in:
- The US English dictionary