- A month measured between successive perigees of the moon (approximately 27 1/ 2 days).More example sentences
- The anomalistic month is the average interval between successive passages of the moon through its perigee.
- The time between consecutive perigees or apogees, the anomalistic month, is 27.56 days.
- This relation between synodic months and anomalistic months of the Moon was known to Babylonian astronomers, who used it to predict the return of lunar and solar eclipses.
More definitions of anomalistic monthDefinition of anomalistic month in:
- The US English dictionary