verb[with object] (usually as adjective anonymized)
- Remove identifying particulars or details from (something, especially medical test results) for statistical or other purposes: anonymized testing of routine blood samplesMore example sentences
- We did an observational study of changes in prescribing costs between two financial years using anonymised data from all general practices in Trent.
- We used anonymised statistical abstracts of hospital records that were linked to data from death certificates in the former Oxford health region from 1963 to 1998.
- We used anonymised data from the UK General Practice Research Database.
- More example sentences
- Privacy ultimately is about an individual's ability to control personally identifying information, and anonymization alone can never facilitate this.
- The power can only be used where gaining consent or anonymization are not reasonably practicable options.
- The way serious people protect their web-searching privacy is through anonymization.
More definitions of anonymizeDefinition of anonymize in:
- The US English dictionary