- 1Lack or loss of appetite for food (as a medical condition).More example sentences
- Other symptoms may include fever, malaise, anorexia, and weight loss.
- Both medications can cause gastrointestinal effects such as anorexia and nausea.
- He was otherwise asymptomatic, with no anorexia, weight loss, or jaundice.
- 1.1 (also anorexia nervosa /nəːˈvəʊsə/) An emotional disorder characterized by an obsessive desire to lose weight by refusing to eat.More example sentences
- The main types of eating disorders are anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa.
- The family has been shown to play an important role in both the development and the treatment of eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa and bulimia.
- People who intentionally starve themselves suffer from an eating disorder called anorexia nervosa.
late 16th century: via late Latin from Greek, from an- 'without' + orexis 'appetite'.
More definitions of anorexiaDefinition of anorexia in:
- The US English dictionary