Definition of anorexia in English:
1Lack or loss of appetite for food (as a medical condition).
- Other symptoms may include fever, malaise, anorexia, and weight loss.
- Both medications can cause gastrointestinal effects such as anorexia and nausea.
- He was otherwise asymptomatic, with no anorexia, weight loss, or jaundice.
1.1 (also anorexia nervosanəːˈvəʊsə) An emotional disorder characterized by an obsessive desire to lose weight by refusing to eat.
- The main types of eating disorders are anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa.
- The family has been shown to play an important role in both the development and the treatment of eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa and bulimia.
- People who intentionally starve themselves suffer from an eating disorder called anorexia nervosa.
Words that rhyme with anorexiadyslexia
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.