A mainly fungal disease of plants, causing dark lesions.
- This is usually caused by fungi of the subdivision Deuteromycotina
More example sentences
- Other diseases include rust, crown gall, anthracnose and petal blight.
- Diseases such as anthracnose, spur blight, and mildew may be more prevalent if irrigation is not accompanied by adequate disease-control measures.
- In dry edible beans, anthracnose causes unsightly cankers on plant stems, pods, and seeds.
late 19th century: coined in French from Greek anthrax, anthrak- 'coal' + nosos 'disease'.
Definition of anthracnose in:
- The US English dictionary