- The eating of human flesh by human beings.More example sentences
- The residents of this lush, tropical paradise vehemently denied they had returned to anthropophagy, until the term was explained to them.
- To this end, the basic taxonomy of cannibalism will first be explained, along with a brief history of anthropophagy in the cultural imagination.
- This grisly practice is called anthropophagy, and it's not exactly very popular.
mid 17th century: from Greek anthrōpophagia, from anthrōpophagos (see anthropophagus).
More definitions of anthropophagyDefinition of anthropophagy in:
- The US English dictionary