- (Chiefly of a drug) used to reduce inflammation.More example sentences
- These three nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs reduce pain and fever.
- This is of particular concern with stimulants and anti-inflammatory steroids.
- Moreover, she was not taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or aspirin.
noun (plural anti-inflammatories)Back to top
- An anti-inflammatory drug.More example sentences
- Painkillers (such as paracetamol and codeine) or anti-inflammatories (such as ibuprofen) may help to control the pain if the symptoms are mild.
- They refuse decongestants, non-sedating antihistamines, even nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories for pain because they're afraid they'll be grounded.
- Her general practitioner discussed the benefits and harms of paracetamol versus non-steroidal anti-inflammatories and gave her a decision aid to help her clarify her decision.
More definitions of anti-inflammatoryDefinition of anti-inflammatory in:
- The US English dictionary