Definition of anti-noise in English:
Promoting the suppression or reduction of noise: anti-noise regulations
More example sentences
- They are also visiting two local schools to promote the anti-noise pollution message and to discuss with pupils how problems can be prevented.
- Forms of peddling would change and evolve, but street selling remained part of the urban economic, social and cultural fabric in urban America well after the wave of anti-noise regulation discussed here.
- While not necessarily explicit advocates of anti-noise regulation, the writings of these individuals exemplified the martialing of the senses to describe the urban populace.
noun[mass noun] Back to top
Sound generated for the purpose of reducing noise by interference.
- If the crowd were silent before seeing Ploppycack 7, now it is so quiet that they seem to be producing anti-noise.
- The active muffler is a speaker cabinet which is concentric to the exhaust pipe and outputs the anti-noise in a ring around the end of the exhaust.
- And flat-panel speakers that produce anti-noise have been fitted to fighter plane cockpits to make them more comfortable for pilots.
Definition of anti-noise in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.