- Don't use charcoal tablets that you can buy from pharmacies to treat poisoning yourself - these are for indigestion and flatulence only and the dose is too small to work as an antidote to poisoning.
- We do not know of an antidote to counteract this side effect.
- Furthermore, antidotes to poisons and intensive care may not be available.
- As an antidote to this situation, I believe it is necessary to view the Zen world, its hierarchy, and authority figures through a theoretical framework separate from Zen.
- The antidote to such a situation is to seek to discover what the total Scriptural teaching on any particular subject is, and also to view it in relation to the other doctrines of Scripture.
- This introduces hope - the antidote to stress - into the situation.
- Example sentences
- Duck's blood is a good antidotal food, with special effects in the treatment of diarrhoea and nausea.
- On occasion, though, the films do rise above their antidotal mandate.
- After all, there is only some antidotal evidence to show the connection between the measles and MS.
Late Middle English: via Latin, from Greek antidoton, neuter of antidotos 'given against', from anti- 'against' + didonai 'give'.
An antidote is ‘something given against’ the effects of a poison; it has come via Latin from Greek antidoton ‘given against’.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.